Many of our clients are of an age where they are getting aches and pains where none previously existed. So a tip like this may be welcome.
Make the most of your doctor's appointment by giving the doctor the information in the same format they learnt in medical school.
* Make an up-to-date patient profile for yourself
* Describe your basic reasons for the visit (in one or two sentences)
* Point to the location of your symptoms
* Use adjectives to describe your symptoms
* Rate your symptoms
* Recall the onset and timing of your symptoms
* Describe the setting and your condition when the symptoms occurred
* Explain what makes the pain better or worse
* List other things that happen at the same time
* Talk about your symptoms, not your diagnosis