20 December 2018

Reporting Elder Abuse

The NSW Government will establish an Ageing and Disability Commissioner from 1 July 2019, to better protect adults with disability and older people from abuse, neglect and exploitation in home and community settings.

But if you require assistance before the establishment of the Commissioner in July 2019, you can seek help from one of the following bodies:

Elder abuse call:
Elder Abuse Helpline & Resource Unit
1800 628 221

Abuse of a person with disability call:
National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline
1800 880 052

Conduct of a disability service provider call:
NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission
1800 035 544

Conduct of an aged care service provider call:
Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
1800 550 552

[Of course, for any matter which requires urgent assistance call NSW Police 000]